Small, local, or regional sponsorships can be an important part of your overall sponsorship portfolio, especially if your business has a significant retail presence; banking, QSR, automotive, food and drug, telco.
Local and regional sponsorships help your brand connect with local communities and meet your consumers and your employees where they live and work.
Each sponsorship on its own likely doesn’t amount to a significant investment— probably less than USD $40,000 each in annual rights fees.
But, these small sponsorships in aggregate can often represent considerable spend, and so…
ALL SPONSORSHIPS WARRANT PROPER EVALUATION.
Across these small sponsorships, there is often little centralized visibility by the organization. The investment comes out of local, regional, or sales budgets.
Out of necessity, the decision authority for the investment lies locally or regionally. Your people in those markets know best what properties will effectively enable your brand to be locally or regionally relevant.
These local decision-makers don’t always have the expertise to negotiate and secure the best value proposition, and your business risk isn’t always adequately managed.
LUMENCY HAS AN AUTOMATED TOOL TO STRENGTHEN THE EVALUATION OF LOCAL SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES.
Customized and easy-to-use, Lumency’s Local Sponsorship Evaluation Tool is a software platform designed to provide local and regional sponsorship decision-makers what they need to optimize value from local sponsorship opportunities (< USD ~$40,000).
The tool integrates Lumency’s TrueValue™ valuation methodology and automates it for self-use, providing instant analysis and recommendations on deals, as well as visibility around regional sponsorship decisions.
THE TOOL PROVIDES:
Decision-makers receive a clear, instant analysis of a sponsorship’s value—and what assets to negotiate for.
VISIBILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY
For central authorities, it provides high-level visibility and supports accountability for regional sponsorship spend, introducing rigor and consistency around deal analysis, while also building in legal protections.
Simple by design, the Tool has two core functions: PROPERTY ASSESSMENT & DASHBOARD VIEW
The PROPERTY ASSESSMENT is built around a brief, custom questionnaire, which includes:
- COMPREHENSIVE QUERIES
- Questions include general information (event date, type, location, attendance) and assets/rights delivered (activation space, signage, etc.).
- During setup, the brand’s objectives will be incorporated into the Tool to effectively weight value of assets/rights based on how they will or will not support those objectives.
- STEP-BY-STEP DEAL INPUT
- Upon receiving a new sponsorship opportunity, the local sponsorship decision maker inputs deal points into the questionnaire.
- PROPERTY OVERVIEW
- Complete with estimated property value vs. proposed fee, low-to-high rights fee spend ranges, top three value drivers, and top three key missing assets.
- Decision maker knows immediately if the deal is net positive in value, and which key assets to request to increase value.
- LEGAL PROTECTIONS
- If proceeding with the sponsorship, the Tool can auto-generate a Letter of Agreement between the brand and property, summarizing and formalizing the deal points.
The DASHBOARD view provides central visibility into a variety of focus areas:
- VISUALIZED DATA
- Shows customized regional sponsorship spend breakdowns, such as Average Sponsorship Fee, Total Sponsorship Investment, and Total Number of Sponsorships to identify trends and portfolio insights.
- SEARCHABLE DATABASE
- Database is searchable by property name, date, from-to fee spend, region, event type, attendance, and local decision maker responsible.
Lumency’s Local Sponsorship Evaluation Tool provides decision makers what they need to better understand and optimize local sponsorship investments.
Looking to add rigor around your local sponsorships?
We can help make the process smoother and simpler.